The organizational committee consisted of Rev. G.H. Johnson, Rev. D.W. Thompson, Rev. R.G. Mace, Rev. C.L. Taylor and Rev. A.E. Teague, with deacons from the First Baptist and East Baptist churches of Belmont participating. Deacons who assisted with this were R.B. Scruggs, and W.J. Francis, D.P. Stowe, W.S. Chapman, J.J. Duncan and C.E. Hauser. They called a meeting on August 14th, 1921, and organized the church. Thirty three members from other churches brought their letters and became members of Centerview Baptist Church. Articles of faith were adopted. Deacons elected were J.J. Duncan, E.S. Auten, R.L. Long and W.H. Murphy.
The church was received into the Association on October 18th, 1921, with a membership of 40. Rev. A.E. Teague was called as pastor in August 1921.